We built this Large Surly Ice Cream Truck, resplendent in the new Prickly Pear Sparkle color, from the frame up to give us the opportunity to dial in the components that we know work well in all conditions!
Get the power to the wheel through a SRAM Eagle NX 12-speed drivetrain.
4.8” Husker Du tires are an excellent year round tire for sand, snow or trails and are rolling on Fyxation/MuleFut wheels.
We went with the up-specced Avid BB7 Mountain S disc brakes with stainless hardware fro reliability in any weather.
A Thomson seat post and stem are among the best in the biz and mean that you won’t be looking to upgrade those components.
The RaceFace Turbine Cinch crank gives you easy to change gearing in the front and it rides on a 30mm RaceFace bottom bracket.
You’d probably expect a custom build to cost a ton more than the stock Ice Cream Truck and this one is a few bucks more than the stock rig. At $2350 this custom build isn't going to leave you wanting more!
- Bottom Bracket - 30mm RaceFace
- Brakes (Front) - Avid MTB S
- Brake Levers - Avid Speed Dial 7
- Brake Rotors - 160mm Shimano
- Cassette - SRAM Eagle 12-Sp NX 11-50t
- Cable - Jagwire
- Chain - SRAM Eagle 12-Sp GX
- Chainring - RaceFace 30t CINCH
- Crankset - RaceFace 190 Turbine 175mm
- Derailleur - SRAM NX Eagle 12-Sp
- Fork - Surly Ice Cream Truck
- Frame - Surly Ice Cream Truck
- Handlebar - Salsa Rustler Pro
- Grips - Ergon GA2 Black
- Headset - Cane Creek 40 Series
- Housing - Jagwire
- Saddle - WTB Volt
- Seatpost - Thomson 31.6
- Seat Binder Bolt - Surly
- Shifter - SRAM NX Eagle 12-Sp
- Stem - Thomson 80mm 10d
- Tires - 45NRTH Husker Du 4.8
- Wheel - Fyxation/Mulefut 80mm
This custom Ice Cream Truck is available for in-store pickup at our retail store in the Riverwest neighborhood of Milwaukee, Wisconsin! Stop by and check it out!